Florida Family Association started a campaign on May 18, 2016 that urges companies to stop advertising at the Huffingtonpost.com after the website published an article blaming Islamophobia for worldwide conflict with Muslims. The details regarding the Huffington Post article are provided below. The Florida Family Association office contacts the CEOs and Marketing VPs of companies that advertise at the Huffingtonpost.com on a daily basis.
Two weeks ago Florida Family Association sent out email alerts that reported Belk is new top advertiser at Huffington Post who published an article blaming Islamophobia for worldwide conflict with Muslims. Thousands of people sent emails that urged Belk officials to stop supporting the Huffington Post with their advertising dollars. Belk has stopped advertising at Huffingtonpost.com.
Approximately fifty (50) companies have responded to emails from Florida Family Association's office and supporters by stopping their advertising. Florida Family Association’s goal is to influence two hundred fifty (250) companies to stop supporting Huffingtonpost.com’s outrageous Islamist leaning propaganda with their advertising dollars by year end.
Why is it important to challenge the Islamophobia propaganda published by Huffingtonpost.com?
• Islamophobia propaganda can intimidate people to restrain their communications that might otherwise save lives. Such propaganda can influence people not to report suspicious actions by Muslims because they fear being branded a racist or Islamophobe. Fear of being branded an Islamophobe played a role in suppressing communications that may have had different results for the lives of 63 people in San Bernardino and Orlando.
• The Huffington Post article wrongly blames Christian Islamophobia for the worldwide conflict with Muslims. The article does not mention the tremendous violence committed in the name of Allah.
• The Huffington Post is a widely read website. Many readers will likely accept their propaganda thus marginalizing public safety and increasing strife against Christians and Jews.
Original email regarding this issue follows:
The Huffington Post published an article on Apri1 26, 2016 titled Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? A Biblical Portal Between Christianity and Islam. The article states in part:
The time has come for Christians and Muslims to make peace between our communities.
Our planet simply cannot afford another century of misunderstanding and violence between these two communities.
In an earlier blog on the Huffington Post about the problem of Christian Islamophobia, I argue that Christians have the opportunity to transform the way we see Islam and Muslims by accepting Muhammad as “Spirit of Truth.”
Historically, most Christian theologians—including John of Damascus, Thomas Aquinas, Dante, Nicholas of Cusa, and Martin Luther—have seen Muhammad not as a “Spirit of Truth” but as a “Spirit of Error,” a false prophet or heretic. There are many Christians today who respect the Islamic tradition and would never make such an offensive statement about Muhammad.
However, the majority of Christians still maintain a fundamentally Islamophobic position on Muhammad. So I believe that the time has come for peacemaking Christians to contradict this position directly. Changing our view of Muhammad—so that we recognize him as a true prophet rather than discredit him as a false prophet—would effectively inoculate Christians against Islamophobia and would help to establish a new paradigm of cooperative Christian-Muslim relations.
There is no better candidate than Muhammad, no one in fact that comes even close, in terms of fulfilling Jesus’s promise of the Spirit of Truth who would bring forth a new revelation from God. I do not have space in this article to explore the many Qur’anic verses directly addressed to Christians, but if we were to receive them our religion would be transformed for the better and would come into balance with Judaism and Islam.
Click here to read the full article.
The Huffington Post article:
• Erroneously blames alleged Christian Islamophobia for the worldwide conflict between Muslims and infidels.
• Dangerously perverts the Holy Scriptures of the Bible to falsely elevate Muhammad to a Judaic Christian status.
• Tragically ignores the millions of Muslims around the world who support the killing of hundreds of thousands of Christians. The Religionofpeace.com provides a detailed report of Muslims killing Christians. While Muslims are killing hundreds of thousands of Christians around the world the Huffington Post article has the audacity to write “Our planet simply cannot afford another century of misunderstanding and violence between these two communities.”
WHAT violence do Christians appear to be committing against Muslims suggested by the Huffington Post article? That would be Islamophobia which is the term that is used to harshly label and intimidate people out of their rational, fact based concern that Islamists use violence and Sharia law to advance their political agenda.
Florida Family Association will continue to urge companies to stop advertising at Huffingtonpost.com.