Huffingtonpost.com has officially turned to paid member subscriptions and laid off employees as advertiser revenues fall short. Could this be the result of Florida Family Association influencing 1,002 out of 1,032 companies to stop advertising because of the Huffington Post's Islamist and vitriolic propaganda?
Florida Family Association reported The Wall Street Journal published an article on December 2, 2018 titled: Paywall for HuffPost? Verizon Hunt for Web Revenue Goes Beyond Ads - Oath media unit at the wireless carrier to focus on e-commerce and paid subscriptions to content. The article states in part: Verizon Communications Inc.’s Oath unit is turning away from the advertising- and data-centric strategy that spurred its creation. After failing to meet revenue targets by selling digital ads across Yahoo and AOL properties, Oath executives now are focused on selling content subscriptions and giving users ways to make purchases through its sites, according to people familiar with the matter.
Huffingtonpost.com officially started offering member subscription access to “special news events” on April 20, 2019. The HuffPost sign up page states: "Become A Member. Your support will help us tell even more stories that hold power accountable, entertain without guilt and help people live their best lives. In addition, HuffPost Plus members receive exclusive benefits, including discounts on HuffPost stuff, access to member-only newsletters and fewer ads on mobile apps." Huffingtonpost.com is still accessible to nonmembers. How long Verizon will allow free access to Huffingtonpost.com will likely depend on how successful it is with its new subscription plan.
Huffington Post lays off more workers. Businessinsider.com reported on March 29, 2019: “It's estimated that 20 employees were laid off at HuffPost last Thursday, including opinion writers, political reporters, and others.” Huffingtonpost.com reports: HuffPost unionized with the Writers Guild of America, East in 2017. A spokesman for the union said at least 15 members had lost their jobs. Two full teams ― the opinion and health sections ― were eliminated.
One thousand two (1,002) out of one thousand thirty two (1,032) companies (97%) stopped advertising at Huffingtonpost.com after being encouraged to pull off the website because it defends Sharia law, fundraises for CAIR, defends the Muslim Brotherhood, publishes Islamist propaganda, calls American military racists and disparages Christians, Jews and white people. More info on Huffingtonpost.com.
Why is it important to urge companies to stop advertising at Huffingtonpost.com?
• The Huffington Post’s large number of readers and high volume of pro-Islamist reports makes it a leading proliferator of Islamist propaganda in the United States.
• Islamophobia propaganda is the top tool Islamists use to influence Americans to ignore advancement of Sharia doctrine in the United States. Unfortunately, it intimidates people to the point of stifling free speech in a manner that hurts public safety and allows Sharia to thrive.
• The Huffington Post’s frequent pro-Islamist reporting feeds the Hate America crowd with more reasons to defend Islamists and ignore the harmful direction that results from its acceptance.
• HuffPost and HuffPost Arab employ several former Al Jazeera reporters and Islamist advocates who have pushed the Islamist and Muslim Brotherhood agenda.
• Florida Family Association’s opposition campaign educates thousands of officials at American companies about the harm caused by erroneous Islamophobia propaganda and pro-Islamist reporting. The thousands of emails that company officials receive reveal that there are many Americans who find Islamist propaganda deceitful, harmful and offensive.