The John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act is the left’s latest bill this year which seeks to federalize elections and take control of voting regulations away from the states. This legislation specifically allows the federal government to promulgate any rule they choose for state and local election offices. This means the federal government could:
• Mandate mail in ballots for every elector in every state.
• Prohibit states from requiring voter identification.
• Allow ballot harvesting where activists go door to door and complete the ballot for the elector.
• Allow private drop boxes which activists can stuff with their manufactured ballots or never turn in ballots for precincts with demographics that favor their electoral opponents.
• Allow major corporations to give private grants to local election offices under the guise of helping to fund operations but actually have strings attached which require the election office to handle ballots in the way that best serves certain activists.
The John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act passed the United States House of Representatives on August 24, 2021 by a vote of 219 to 212. The bill is now in the United States Senate.
The leftist website HuffPost reports that the senate will vote on this bill sometime this fall. Worse yet, HuffPost reports: If Senate Republicans filibuster the bill, as they are almost certain to do, it will be the fourth time they’ve done so with voting rights legislation — and will provoke a decision from Senate Democrats on whether to finally change the body’s antiquated filibuster rules, HuffPost has learned.
Florida Family Association has prepared emails for you to send to encourage Senator Joe Manchin and Senator Kyrsten Sinema to oppose the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act and uphold the 60 vote cloture rule. Both of these senators hold moderate and traditional legislative positions compared to progressive leftists.
To send your email, please click the following link, enter your name and email address then click the "Send Your Message" button. You may also edit the subject or message text if you wish.
Click here to send your email to encourage Senator Joe Manchin to oppose the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act and uphold the 60 vote cloture rule.
Click here to send your email to encourage Senator Kyrsten Sinema to oppose the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act and uphold the 60 vote cloture rule.
To call your states' United States Senators click here and look up the phone number for your state’s senators.